Federal Work Study Time Sheet Instructions
Students are required to complete a monthly time sheet to receive monetary compensation for the services they provide. Students must utilize the electronic time sheet to report their time in military hours. A time sheet should be an accurate listing of the actual time and dates worked. The supervisor will verify that the hours worked are accurate. This document is the student's record of hours worked for the pay period. The supervisor will submit the student's monthly hours to the payroll reporter or directly to payroll. Federal Work Study students cannot volunteer their time and must be paid for all hours worked.
The following information should be checked on the timesheet for accuracy:
- No hours for a payroll period other than the one reported
- The 20 hour per week limitation during class session and breaks
- Correct mathematical calculations
- Class schedule information completed
- Timesheet signed by student, supervisor and program administrator
- All corrections on time sheet are initialed by student and supervisor in ink
- No paid lunch, the Fair Labor Standards Act mandates a half-hour (30min) unpaid break be provided for every 6 hours worked per day
- Students are entitled to a 15 minute paid break for every 4 consecutive hours worked
Payroll is due around the first of every month. Student employees are paid around the 10th of each month. Monthly paychecks will be available for pick-up at the Bursar's Office UH-035 or student paychecks can be directly deposited to the student's bank account. Please contact the Payroll office at SH-103 to request a Direct Deposit authorization form to enroll in direct deposit.
The payroll calendar lists the pay periods and paydays during the current academic year.